- Reference to author in text, just give year of publication in brackets after their name
- No reference to author in text, include author/date in brackets
- Page numbers must be included for direct quotations.
- Author(s) in format: Surname, Initial/s
- Year of publication (in round brackets) followed by a full stop
- Title (in italics)
- Type of document (e.g. Unpublished doctoral thesis) in round brackets followed by a full stop
- Name of institution, Location. (for printed copy only)
- If retrieved from a University repository, add Retrieved from http://www.xxxxx
- If retrieved from a commercial database (e.g. EThOS), give the ID number at the end of the reference (in round brackets).